The Green Energy Summit (GES), initiated by the Indian Chamber of Commerce (ICC) around eleven years ago, has succeeded in achieving the recognition of being one of India's most comprehensive and well represented energy events. This is an extension of its prestigious annual India Energy Summit, in keeping with the national and international commitment to Renewable Energy. Corporate Entities and Government functionaries from states like Telengana, Andhra Pradesh, Karnataka, Kerala, Maharashtra, West Bengal, Delhi, Haryana and others have been actively participating and supporting this initiative right since its inception.
Emission reduction, which is the key to check global warming, will need to be handled through a multi-pronged approach covering commercial energy production, energy efficiency, carbon markets and carbon trading and the simultaneous development of trained personnel and technology. The comprehensive plan, particularly for developing countries will require provision of adequate financing, market mechanisms to encourage green technology, products and enablers.
The ICC in its endeavour to promote appropriate policies and give a desired direction to industry, related academia, governmental agencies and financial institutions, is organising the 12th Green Energy Summit and the 4th Green Urja and Energy Efficiency Awards on 16th February 2024 at the India Habitat Centre, New Delhi. It is proposed to discuss some of the salient aspects of this technology shift, which will promote clean industry, trade, employment and climate justice.
The sessions will deliberate on the imperatives and the commitments from industry, financial institutions and state and central governments for attaining the objectives of arresting global warming and reducing air pollution. Greener industrial products coming out of greener energy sources could place Indian industry in the vanguard of green economies.
1. Cleaner Sources of Energy: Renewable Energy and Nuclear Power
2. Boosting Manufacture of Renewable Energy Equipment and Promotion of Energy Efficiency
3. Energy Storage
4. A Transition to Greener Fuels
5. 4th Green Urja and Energy Efficiency Awards
· One day conference with sessions on different aspects of clean energy business
· Presence of Key Policy Makers, Investors, eminent Industry players, embassies, researchers
· Business to Business Interactions can be organised with diverse stakeholders
· Exploring new business opportunities, ideas and networking
We solicit your active participation as a delegate and look forward to welcoming you at the summit.